Monday, April 23, 2012

I made it! (Just)

I did it! I have entered a top in Rae's Spring Top Sew Along Flicker pool!! Yeay!!! I was up till late again last night but I was determined to achieve this little goal. It was not an ambitious goal and I did have a whole four weeks to complete the task, but in usual me style, I left it to the last minute and entered a few hours before the deadline! (I seriously would get nothing done if it weren't for deadlines - "Deadlines I love you!"
I decided to make the Wiksten Tova Tunic! I realize that this is probably THE most made pattern out there in blogland right now and I am being incredibly unoriginal in picking this particular top to make, however, I LOVE IT!!! It fits me! I think this is the first ever top I have sewn for myself that actually fits! I don't need to alter the sizing at all (probably due to the fact that it really has no shaping to it - no bust darts, no waist - just like me ;-) And it is really very comfortable. I made this one with some Japanese Lawn from Spotlight. I think next time I will use a slightly heavier and warmer fabric so I can wear it during the cooler weather. If you haven't yet made yourself a Tova, don't be put off by the fact that every woman and her dog in Blogworld is wearing one, just do it! You wont regret it I promise!

3 comments:

  1. Harriet it's gorgeous! And doesn't Spotlight have some lovely Japanese lawns lately? Pretty, pretty :)
    Sure blogland's in love with the Tova but I don't think there are many people walking down the street who will spot you and say 'oh, another Tova?'!
    Good luck in the Spring Top comp. I didn't make it in... maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top looks fab. I spent last night unpicking a cardigan that I knitted, which has never really fitted properly so maybe this is a sewing pattern I should try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm a deadline person too. Except I don't even seem to make deadlines anymore! But they help.

    This pattern is popular for a reason. Every Tova shirt I've seen has looked great, and although they are all the same, they really look quite different from each other. Yours is no exception, it looks beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete