Friday, April 6, 2012

Two more tunics??!!!

I can't believe that I have managed to sew a total of five tunic tops in one week!!! I think this is a new record for me. Here are the last two tunics; One for my niece in Brisbane who is turning 4 this week, and the other for my cousins boy who is 6 years old. I made the blue one out of an old bed sheet that felt so soft that I thought it would be perfect. I used the 'simple linen shirt' pattern from "Sewing For Boys". It's a great basic pattern (although I struggled to get the collar to sit right for some reason) which I think I'll try again one day. It's been fun sewing all these kiddy tunics but next on the list is definitely some tops for moi! Although before I get to those, I REALLY have to clean up my sewing space! There is fabric and patterns and notions ALL over the place!

2 comments:

  1. Productivity tends to leave a huge mess doesn't it! Those are great. That girls' one is so sweet, what a fantastic border print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely fabric on the tunic. I hate clearing up after a sewing session - bits of thread and fabric everywhere. I also find it very difficult to decide whether to keep or throw away scraps of fabric. Just how small a scrap is still useful for something?

    ReplyDelete