Sunday, February 5, 2012

Back in the saddle again.....

HELLOOOOO long lost blog! I know it's been an age since we last spoke but I have decided I really do need you in my life. I DO more with my time when I think I need to blog about it. I MAKE more stuff too! So,...I'm back. For the time being anyway, he-he. I guess you (my thousands of readers) are wondering what I have been up to since I last reported?.... Well,...In short, We have welcomed a baby boy (Bobby) into our family, bought some land to build on, been to Alice Springs for a wedding, and sold our beloved home! Quite a lot really in amongst all the other stuff. So here begins 2012! A year to hopefully be filled with lots of sewing, gardening, family fun and, fingers crossed, a new home by Christmas! To start us off, some sewing.... I have been very lucky to have been on the receiving end of 3 large boxes of hand-me-down clothing for the boys. (THANK YOU ALEX!) On sorting these clothes I came across a very cute T-shirt that was unfortunately stained on the neckline. I couldn't bear to throw out such a cute monster, so I cut him out, and re-purposed him into a p.j. top! My intention was to make these pj's for Alex's boy Lauchlan, who is about 6 months older than Ross, but when I tried them on Ross, I realized the top was probably already too short for Lauchlan, so I think I'll keep them for Ross and make Lauchlan something else. (Ross has always looked cute in yellow anyway - his favourite colour at the moment).

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love that photo of your boys, and nice work on the repurposed monster :)

    ReplyDelete