Sunday, February 26, 2012

new skirt and eggplants galore!

I pulled another late night last night. I was up sewing this: My friend who had lent me the pattern on Thursday, said that she expected to see me wearing it at church on Sunday! I couldn't let her down - so I sewed til it was finished - but she was no where to be found at church today! I'm going to have to have serious words to her!....... However, I like the way it turned out. Very comfortable wrap style that is reversible so you can wear it patterned side out, OR, for a more conservative look, plain side out. The best part is the fabrics only cost me a total of $11 from the Spotlight clearance section. Bargain. I think I might make another one in a different print. (Doug wont recognise me wearing all these skirts!!, what's next, a DRESS???, maybe not this year). Photos by Lily Smyth - thanks Lil's. On another note, check out these cute little eggplants! They all came from this one little bush. It's about all we are harvesting at the moment as everything else has really withered in the heat. But you can trust good old eggplants to kick on through the 40 degree weather. I made them into tasty eggplant, pumpkin, chickpea and cashew Korma curry!! MMmmmm ( I am taking part in Kirsty's "GO to 13" cooking challenge this week - this was meal number 1). You can read about it here: http://fourhappyviolets.blogspot.com I am going to have to get some training on how to post links properly!!

3 comments:

  1. Skirt looks fabulous! What a great idea to make it reversible. And I must say you look pretty darn fab for someone who recently had #4 kiddo!
    With this link thing, you highlight the text in your draft and go up to the tool thingy that says 'Link' in blue up the top. It opens a window where you paste the web address that you've copied out of your browser address bar. Hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness you are so clever...i WISH i was a night owl, then i could sew something too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great skirt. It looks really good on you. I'd ask what the pattern was called, so I could make one for myself, but I can see that it would not be flattering on me anyway.

    Is Jane right in saying you recently had your 4th child? You don't have the body of a mother of four. I would believe you if you said you had never had children. I'm not so lucky. I definitely have a mother's body.

    ReplyDelete