Saturday, March 10, 2012

Seven things about me.....

There are probably only about five people that I know of who read this blog on a semi regular basis - three of whom are directly related to me! Another of those five afore mentioned people is Jane of the blog Lempo Bee. I "met" Jane a few months ago when I was googling random images of a particular fabric that I liked by a certain Japanese designer. There was a particularly nice top made from this fabric and so I clicked on the image and it led to Jane's blog. I think I sat there and read her entire list of blog entries! I discovered we had a lot in common...sewing, chickens, both live in Adelaide, love of polished concrete floors, old rustic things,.....he,he. Anyway,....to cut a long story short, Jane has kindly passed on to me the "versatile blogger award" - which asks that I share seven things about myself with my readers. So, here goes; 1. When I was little, I dreamed of becoming either a tree surgeon, (I loved the thought of dangling from a branch by a rope), or an entamologist. (A person who studies insects - I would catch bugs in jars, wait for them to die, pull them apart and look at them under my microscope! Nerdy - I know!) 2. I LOVE the smell of my baby first thing in the morning- all covered in sour breast milk chuck from the night's feeds....mmmmm, chucky.... 3. I am not, nor will I ever be, a morning person. 4. I am truly thankful for my family, my health, insulin pumps, and Bengali fish curry. 5. I have assisted several Electric yellow Ciclid fish to give birth to their babies. 6. A comfy couch or cushion + a glass of red + some chilli kalamata olives + good company = one happy Harriet! 7. I only wear make up to weddings. 8. I am a kick-ass Phlebotomist! 9. When I grow up, I now want to be a farmer. Woops, this was supposed to be SEVEN things about myself, .. 10. I can't count (obviously) Hope this was enlightning to ALL of my readers. X

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on receiving the Versatile Blogger award! Cute skirt, cute baby, and cute chickens! I will visit again and hope to see you at Biblioblog also :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I will be popping over to check out your blog too;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Harriet - glad you appreciated the shout out!
    Great 'facts' :)
    I had to look up phlebotomy because my first thought was that old 'science' where they thought they could tell a lot about a person from the bumps on their heads.
    My sister and I had a dead insect collection in a cigar box when we were kids.
    But how you can like bitter almond flavour I will never understand :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha!!! That's funny. No, definately not an expert at that kind of thing.

      Delete
  3. The only wedding I have ever worn make-up to was my own, and it made me feel like a clown. The only other times that I might have worn make-up in my life are maybe when playing dress-ups or when acting in plays in high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to rub my eyes a lot, so I end up looking injured rather than pretty! I love your blog by the way! I have subscribed to your posts:)

      Delete
    2. Thanks.

      Yeah, I find make-up around my eyes makes my eyes itch, so I'm always rubbing at them. I can really feel the make-up on the rest of my face, too. Plus, my lips are scarred and the colouring is uneven around the edges, so it is difficult to make lipstick look nice.

      But even beyond the ickiness, I really have no desire to wear make-up.

      Strangely, I rarely notice if someone is wearing make-up or not, unless they are wearing it in excess, or their eyebrows are drawn onto their skin (especially if the eyebrows change position from one day to another).

      Just a quick tip to ladies who do draw their eyebrows on - if you draw them too low it makes you look really angry (if in doubt, draw them higher, better to looked surprised than angry). I not meaning to sound rude, I seriously know a lady who draws her eyebrows low. She seems nice enough, but she looks mean.

      I'm not a fan of drawn on eyebrows, but each to their own. I'm sure the ladies who do like to draw their eyebrows on would not be a fan of my currently bushy eyebrows either :)

      Although I don't like wearing make-up myself, and I don't like the idea that you have to wear make-up to be beautiful or womanly, I do like that it allows people to show their individual style, just like the clothes they wear or the way they do their hair.

      Delete