Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dolman sleeves.

I managed to do a little sewing this week. Using this tutorial I tried to make a Dolman style top. I liked the fact that it was a FAST sew that only required a few seams and no fancy cutting out. Time for sewing these days is extremely rare, limited to an hour or two perhaps on weekends when I have my dear husband to take charge of the four young ones. My usual sewing time is late at night when all are asleep, but lately, dear Bobby has not been sleeping too well, waking up from about 11pm-2am so I have been feeling a bit sleep deprived and low on energy to sew late at night.



It wears okay, perhaps not my favourite style on me, but it is comfy. I used a wool / viscose knit from Spotlight which is ever so slinky - I only hope it washes well. (And, no, I didn't wash the fabric before I sewed it up so hears hoping it doesn't shrink.)

Here's some news!!!!.....
Bobby has his first tooth!!!



Maybe that's why he hasn't been sleeping??.....

1 comment:

  1. The top looks nice and very comfy. And oh, what a cute tooth!

    ReplyDelete